The Next Big Thing
November 14, 2012 § 2 Comments
I was tagged by Elia Winters!
This is basically a bunch of questions and answers about my NaNo WIP novel!
1. What is the working title of your book?
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
The general idea came from a couple of dreams that I had a fair while ago about a girl who was running away from something and met a boy in the process. There was something a little different about her, but the dream never told me what so I made it up myself!
3. What genre does your book fall under?
The most fitting is probably science-fiction but a literary science fiction
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Umm… no western actors would really fit the mould, to be quite honest!
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
There are interconnected aliens stranded on earth where the population loathes them, trying to find safety, along with their soul mates.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I would try to go to an agency first and would only consider self-publishing as a last resort.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I’m still working on the first draft but hopefully I will finish by the end of December/January
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I honestly don’t know because I don’t read very many science fiction novels. But I would compare it to that movie District 9!
9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?
Part of my inspiration was actually this stupid song that came on the radio about finding your soul mate. And I thought the idea of a soul mate and spending your whole life looking for them and them completing you was ludicrous. So I decided to write about aliens who were all designated a soul mate, but weren’t incomplete without them. Their soul mates just made them stronger, but the lack of them didn’t make them any weaker! Also, I wanted to alienate the idea of the soul mate from romantic connotations.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Hopefully the fact there haven’t been too many other books written about this subject matter (or at least, no books in mainstream literary fiction).
I was supposed to tag 5 other people but only have 1 person to tag (which is a bit sad) but if anybody else wants to answer these questions, go ahead and do so and leave a link in the comments so that we can go ahead and read all about your novels!
Here are the rules to the blog hop:
***Answer the ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress) and/or
new release on your blog
***Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and